Invited Paper Meetings
1. President's meeting.
2. Tutorial on important modern topics.
3. History of ideas in statistics and probability in Scandinavian countries.
4. Statistics in telecommunication.
5. Statistics and the assessment of causality.
6. Statistical literacy. Panel discussion.
7. Statistical issues in health policy.
8. Landscape and watershed frontier of environmental and ecological statistics.
9. Wavelets in statistics.
10. Organisation of national statistical institutes.
11. Crucial issues for Statistics in the next two decades.
12. Whither statistical publishing?
13. Statistics in art.
14. Information revolution and statistics in developing countries.
15. Opportunities for statisticians in business, industry and public service.
16. State space modelling and Kalman filter methods.
17. Advances in resampling methods.
18. Multiway data in psychometrics and chemometrics.
19. Statistics, science and the media. Panel discussion.
20. Foundations of Statistical Science.
21. Geographical information systems.
22. Population estimation and forecasting.
23. Statistical and computational approaches to genetic evolution.
24. Impact of graphical Markov models in diverse fields.
25. Visualisation in data mining.
26. Neural networks.
27. Improving and communicating the quality of survey-based statistics.
28. Design, estimation and analysis issues in sampling from imperfect business registers.
29. Use of commercial datasources in official statistics.
30. Coalescent modelling of evolutionary ancestry.
31. Probability on trees.
32. Data-analysis of non-linear physical time series.
33. Measurement error.
34. Semiparametric models for dependent data.
35. Recent advances in probability.
36. Statistical aspects of data mining and knowledge discovery in databases.
37. Statistical methods for object recognition.
38. LÚvy processes - application and theory.
39. Image analysis in biology and medicine.
40. Model selection and evaluation.
41. Lindeberg's Central Limit Theorem into the 21st century.
42. Statistical training in Response to User Needs in the 21st Century.
43. Cultural statistics.
45. Registers and surveys in health and social service monitoring.
46. How to measure deregulation?
47. Small domain estimates including use of administrative data.
48. Surveying and estimating for the informal sector.
49. Critical problems in economic statistics.
50. Official statistics in the 20th century - historical perspective.
51. Data visualisation and regression graphics.
52. Statistical programming environments.
53. Statistical computing in business and industry.
54. Optimal experimental design and computational methods in industrial applications.
55. Symbolic computation and computer algebra in statistics.
56. Improving the effectiveness of data collection through innovative technology.
57. Computational aspects of graphical models and Bayesian inference networks.
58. Statistical education and significance tests controversy.
59. Teaching and learning multivariate data-analysis.
60. Statistical education using flexible learning approaches.
61. Statistical education for life.
62. Issues involved in the assessment and evaluation of student learning of statistics.
63. Visualisation as an educational tool.
64. Co-ordination of surveys and managing respondent burden.
65. Design of surveys for measuring change over time.
66. Issues in weighting household and business surveys.
67. Analysis of data from complex surveys.
68. Evaluation of shortcut procedures, such as limited coverage and non-probability sampling, in survey design.
69. Issues related to use of censuses of population, agriculture and enterprises in subsequent sur-veys in developing countries.
70. Use of surveys in strengthening statistical systems in transition countries with emphasis on Asian transition countries and comparison with European experience.
71. Quality and reliability improvement.
72. The use of ancillary information in agri-environmental statistics.
73. Globalisation of markets and cross-border holdings of financial assets.
74. The role of women in statistics on the new millennium.
77. Statistical issues in environmental monitoring and assessment.
78. Statistics calibration of dynamic economic models.
80. Human rights and gender statistics.
81. Statistical aspects of physical and environmental science.
82. Statistics in pharmaceutical industry.
83. Jan Tinbergen Award Winners