Our professional interviewers
Statistics Finland has around 170 statistical interviewers that conduct both telephone interviews and face-to-face interviews. Most of the interviewers are divided evenly across Finland. In addition, our head office in Helsinki has a telephone interview centre with around 25 employees.
Our interviewers are experienced employees that have been trained for the their job. Already during the multi-phase recruitment process we pay special attention to the job seekers' interactive skills, customer service, and the ability to carry out demanding interview work. New interviewers receive thorough training for the job. In order to maintain and develop professional skills additional training and survey-specific training is organised regularly.
Interviewers' work is constantly and systematically monitored. This way we can ensure that the work done by the interviewers and the collected data are of high quality. The interviewers, like all Statistics Finland's employees, sign a pledge of secrecy. Attending to the protection of data is a prerequisite for all activities at Statistics Finland.
Statistics Finland is the only Finnish public authority established expressly for statistics production. Statistics Finland produces statistics and conducts surveys describing conditions in society. We do not conduct commercial surveys or political polls.
How do I know the interviewer comes from Statistics Finland?
Statistics Finland informs the respondents in advance of the survey by letter or email. Statistics Finland's interviewers always introduce themselves when contacting you. In a face-to-face interview, the interviewer always carries an identity card with a photograph. You can also find the contact information related to the survey in the letter or email you received.
If you want, you can ensure that the interviewer does indeed come from Statistics Finland by calling our Interview-based Data Collection Unit:
- Face-to-face and telephone interviews (Greater Helsinki area): Planning Officer Leena Furuholm, telephone +358 9 1734 3569
- Face-to-face and telephone interviews (Uusimaa, Southwest Finland and Satakunta): Planning Officer Pirkko Koivunen, telephone +358 29 551 2522
- Face-to-face and telephone interviews (Päijät-Häme and Eastern Finland): Planning Officer Jenny Marjanen, telephone +358 29 551 3536
- Face-to-face and telephone interviews (Ostrobothnia and Northern Finland): Planning Officer Katja Saari, telephone +358 29 551 3255
- Face-to-face and telephone interviews (Pirkanmaa, Central Finlandi and Northern Savo): Planning Officer Tytti Valmari, telephone +358 29 551 3474
- Telephone interviews:
Telephone interview centre, on-call, telephone +358 29 551 2777