European Statistics Code of Practice
When compiling statistics, Statistics Finland observes the European Statistics Code of Practice (CoP) and the Quality Assurance Framework (QAF) based on them.
The Code of Practice concerns the independence and accountability of statistical authorities and the quality of processes and data to be published. The principles are in line with the Fundamental Principles of Official Statistics approved by the United Nations Statistics Division and are supplementary to them. The principles are also compatible with those of the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM).
- European Statistics Code of Practice, official translation into Finnish (PDF, 4,042 kb, 8 p.)
- European Statistics Code of Practice, brochure (in Finnish, PDF, 699 kb, 12 p.)
- European Statistics Code of Practice in English (PDF, 418 kb, 8 p.)
- Quality Assurance Framework in
English (PDF, 550 kb, 46 p.)
(no official translation into Finnish is yet available)
The European Commission confirmed the Code of Practice in 2005. The present version was approved by the European Statistical System Committee on 28 September 2011 (ESSC pages in English). The Quality Assurance Framework QAF is version 1.1. (1 June 2012).
The 15 principles of the European Statistics Code of Practice that cover the institutional environment, the statistical production processes and the output of statistics.
2. Mandate for data collection
3. Adequacy of resources
4. Commitment to quality
5. Statistical confidentiality (statistical data protection)
6. Impartiality and objectivity
Last updated 20.1.2014