UN indicators for sustainable development (Agenda2030)
In 2015, UN Member States agreed on the action plan and goals for sustainable development that steer the promotion of sustainable development in the years 2016 to 2030. Agenda2030 comprises 17 global goals and 169 targets (Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs).
The realisation of the Agenda2030 goals is followed with a wide group of SDG indicators (Sustainable Development Indicators). Each country is committed to producing their national data on these global UN indicators.
In Finland, Statistics Finland is responsible for the national collection, updating and publication of indicator data. Statistics Finland also reports follow-up indicator data concerning Finland.
The database on UN sustainable development indicators
Statistics Finland has collected UN indicator data into a database. At the moment, data are not available for all global indicators from national or international sources. Statistics Finland continues to supplement the data by exploring new data sources and by looking for possible replacing indicators. International development work is also made to complement the data sources.
UN indicators for sustainable development as figures and tables
- National Institute for Health and Welfare
- Natural Resources Institute Finland
- Finnish Environment Institute
- Prime Minister's Office
- Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Finnish Immigration Service
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs
- Metadata repository on the UN's website
- Kestavakehitys.fi website of the Prime Minister’s Office
- Sustainable Development Goals on the UN’s website
- Global SDG Indicators Database
Statistics Finland’s information service, email@example.com