Data groups and their variables
The Grid Database consists of basic grid information and eight data groups. The basic grid information attaches the statistical data to the map.
The Grid Database 2019 contains the following data groups (Statistical reference points of time in parenthesis)
- Population structure (31 December 2018)
- Educational structure of population (31 December 2018)
- Inhabitants' Disposable Monetary Income (31 December 2017)
- Size and stage in life of households (31 December 2018)
- Households' Disposable Monetary Income (31 December 2017)
- Buildings and housing (31 December 2018)
- Workplaces (31 December 2017)
- Main type of activity (31 December 2017)
The data groups and their variables are described in more detail in the following PDF documents:
Changes in the data content
The variable ”Aged 18 or over” has been added to the data group Main type of activity (PT). The data protection of the data group has changed. The data on main type of activity is protected if there are fewer than 10 persons aged 18 or over in the grid. If there are fewer than three inhabitants in the grid, also the number of persons aged 18 or over is protected. Changes made in previous years are described in the Grid Database description.
The data are the Grid Database is protected. Data protection is identical for the 250 m, 1 km and 5 km grid squares. Although the data in the grid square are protected, the sum of the total population is given (e.g. total number of households, total number of workplaces).
The data protection for each variable can be found in the description documents.
You can acquaint yourself with the Grid Database by ordering demo material containing data of a small area (statistical reference points of time 2015-2016). Place your order through the contact form.
Last updated 27 Nov 2019