Data groups and their variables
The Grid Database consists of basic grid information and eight data groups. The basic grid information attaches the statistical data to the map.
The Grid Database 2018 contains the following data groups (Statistical reference points of time in parenthesis)
- Population structure (31 December 2017)
- Educational structure of population (31 December 2017)
- Inhabitants' Disposable Monetary Income (31 December 2016)
- Size and stage in life of households (31 December 2017)
- Households' Disposable Monetary Income (31 December 2016)
- Buildings and housing (31 December 2017)
- Workplaces (31 December 2016)
- Main type of activity (31 December 2016)
The data groups and their variables are described in more detail in the following PDF documents:
Changes in the data content
The Educational structure of the population is two years newer than in the previous Grid Database. Changes made in previous years are described in the Grid Database description.
The data are the Grid Database is protected. Data protection is identical for the 250 m, 1 km and 5 km grid squares. Although the data in the grid square are protected, the sum of the total population is given (e.g. total number of households, total number of workplaces).
The data protection for each variable can be found in the description documents.
You can acquaint yourself with the Grid Database by ordering demo material containing data of a small area (statistical reference points of time 2012-2013). Place your order through the contact form.
Last updated 30 Nov 2018