Population census statistics
The complete set of statistics on population censuses contains
data describing the population structure, families, dwellings and
housing conditions, buildings and free-time residences, and
employment. The data on population censuses are released according
to the release timetable of statistics.
- Buildings and free-time residences
- The statistics on buildings and free-time residences are produced annually and describe the existing stock and number of buildings and free-time residences on the last day of the year.
- Dwellings and housing conditions
- The statistics on dwellings and housing conditions are produced annually and describe the existing stock, number of dwellings and housing conditions of household-dwelling units on the last day of the year.
- Educational structure of population
- The statistics on the educational structure of the population describe the post-comprehensive school educational qualifications and degrees attained by the population aged 15 and over.
- Employment statistics are annual statistics providing data by region on the population’s economic activity and employment.
- Families are formed at the turn of the year from persons living in the same dwelling according to the population information system of the Population Register Centre.
- Population structure
- These statistics on the structure of the population describe Finnish and foreign citizens permanently resident in Finland at the turn of the year.