Number of students in vocational education 342,000 in 2021
According to Statistics Finland's education statistics, 342,000 students attended vocational education leading to a qualification in 2021, nine per cent more than one year earlier. A total of 69,000 vocational qualifications were attained, which was five per cent more than in the year before.
- A total of 342,000 students were studying for a vocational qualification in 2021.
- The total number of vocational qualifications completed was 69,000.
- Fifty-two per cent of vocational education students and 55 per cent of attainers of qualifications were women.
- The number of students was highest in the fields of technology, 91,000.
- In all, 15,000 students participated in instruction preparing for and preparatory education for upper secondary education, and the number of completed qualifications was 4,000.
Students in preparatory education for vocational training (VALMA) by region 2021
Database tables related to this release
- Age at starting year
- Field of education
- Level of education
- Type of education