Students in general upper secondary education numbered 107,000 in 2021
According to Statistics Finland's education statistics, a total of 107,000 students attended general upper secondary education leading to a qualification in 2021. There were nearly 37,000 new students in general upper secondary education. The number of students remained nearly unchanged compared with the previous year. A total of 29,809 matriculation examinations were completed. The figure was 439 lower than one year before.
- Number of students in general upper secondary education was 107,000 in 2021.
- New students numbered 37,000.
- A total of 29,809 matriculation examinations were completed.
- Fifty-eight per cent of students and fifty-nine per cent of passers of the matriculation examination were women.
- Of all students, 2,088 studied for an international matriculation examination.
Database tables related to this release