The respondent logs in to Statistics Finland's data collection forms with a user ID and password that are supplied to the respondent in the accompanying letter.
In some collections use can also be made of the Suomi.fi identification, the joint identification service for the entire public administration, which enables secure electronic identification. The Digital and Population Data Services Agency is responsible for the Suomi.fi identification.
If the form for the collection of individual-based and household data already has information on the respondent or their household, you can log in to the form only with Suomi.fi identification.
For the time being, foreign citizens can log in only with a ID and password pair.
Suomi.fi identification modes are:
- Bank identifiers
- Certificate card
- Mobile certificate
The Suomi.fi identification and mandates are adopted for one data collection at a time starting from 2020.
Information about the adoption will be given separately.
Statistics Finland's Suomi.fi mandate and its specifier in data collections from enterprises and corporations
An enterprise can authorise a person or an enterprise, such as an accounting firm, to respond to the data collection in the Suomi.fi authorisation service. The enterprise uses Statistics Finland's Suomi.fi mandate to respond to data collections from enterprises and corporations.
Statistics Finland defines some of the data collections as involving sensitive data. In that case the data collection includes either personal data or sensitive data on economic cycles. Here the enterprise limits the mandate with a specifier, which is the data collection identifier.
In some of the data collections an enterprise can, if it so wishes, limit the authorisation with an establishment specifier to apply to a certain establishment. The establishment specification will be introduced in 2021, first in the inquiry on manufacturing commodities.
Where does the enterprise get access to the mandate and specifier?
The Suomi.fi mandate and the possible mandate specifier can be found in the accompanying letter of the data collection, which is also published on the instructions page of the data collection on Statistics Finland's web pages.
Once the enterprise has authorised the respondent in the desired manner, the respondent can log in to the form using Suomi.fi.
- Mandates in the Suomi.fi service
- Public Service Info offers assistance in the use of Suomi.fi services.
Suomi.fi in data collections from enterprises and corporations
- Annual inquiry on international trade in services and international flows of goods
- Annual survey on foreign financial assets and liabilities (BOPA)
- Business Register inquiry for multi-establishment enterprises
- Business Register inquiry for single-establishment enterprises
- Data collection on local government finances
- Data collection on occupations
- Employment Pension Scheme Quarterly Survey (EPSQ)
- Energy use in manufacturing
- Financial leasing inquiry
- Financial statements inquiry for enterprises
- Inquiry for industrial establishments
- Inquiry on establishment structure and personnel
- Inquiry on manufacturing commodities
- Inquiry on new orders in manufacturing
- Inquiry on volume index of industrial output
- Inventory inquiry
- Labour cost index in the private sector
- Labour Force Survey
- Preliminary financial statements of public entities
- Quarterly data collection on local government finances
- Quarterly inquiry on financial assets and liabilities (BOPQ)
- Quarterly inquiry on international trade in services and international flows of goods
- Quarterly statistics on labour costs in the public sector
- Statistics on goods transport by road
- The sales inquiry