The concepts described on these pages are words and expressions used in statistics with a specific, limited meaning. In everyday speech the word may have a different meaning. In connection with each definition you can find information about which sets of statistics use the concept.
If you are looking for statistical figures, go from the definition to the statistics page.
Dwellings are classified according to tenure status as follows:
- occupant of the dwelling owns the house
- occupant of the dwelling owns shares in housing corporation
- rented dwelling subsidised by the State
- rented dwelling with interest support loan
- other rented dwelling
Right of occupancy dwelling
Other tenure status
- e.g. life annuity, kinship
Tenure status unknown
In the dwelling stock statistics the tenure status is mainly defined for permanently occupied dwellings.
Statistics using the definition
Validity of the definition
- Valid until (31 December 2078)