Planning, monitoring and development
Statistics Finland operates under the Ministry of Finance and is managed by results, but is independently responsible for its activities, services and statistics. The key documents guiding the planning of activities are the performance agreement, the framework plan and the budget proposal. The key monitoring data are the financial statements, especially the annual report, and the statement from the ministry concerning the financial statements and annual report.
The documents are available only in Finnish in our web service.
Documents for management by results
The agency’s operational targets for the coming year are specified in a performance agreement between Statistics Finland and the Ministry of Finance. The achievement of the targets is reported on biannually.
- Performance agreement 2021 (PDF)
- Performance agreement 2020 (PDF)
- Performance agreement 2019 (PDF)
- Performance agreement 2018 (PDF)
- Performance agreement 2017 (PDF)
The budget proposal contains estimates on Statistics Finland’s income and appropriations in the coming year. Government ministries draw up budgets for their administrative fields from the proposals of agencies and institutions.
- Budget proposal 2022 (PDF)
- Budget proposal 2021 (PDF)
- Budget proposal 2020 (PDF)
- Budget proposal 2019 (PDF)
- Budget proposal 2018 (PDF)
The budgets and supplementary budgets decided by the Parliament can be found in Netra - the Finnish State Internet Reporting.
The framework plan presents Statistics Finland's financial framework plan in the medium term.
- Framework plan 2022-2025 (PDF)
- Framework plan 2021-2024 (PDF)
- Framework plan 2020-2023 (PDF)
- Framework plan 2018-2021 (PDF)
Statistics Finland's financial statements The financial statements comprise the annual report, the financial statement calculations, and the notes to the accounts.
- Financial statements 2020 (PDF)
- Financial statements 2019 (PDF)
- Financial statements 2018 (PDF)
- Financial statements 2017 (PDF)
- Financial statements 2016 (PDF)
The ministry’s statements on the agency’s financial statements and annual reports on the Ministry of Finance’s site.
- Personnell balance sheet 2019 (PDF)
- Personnell balance sheet 2018 (PDF)
- Personnel balance sheet 2017 (PDF)
- Personnel balance sheet 2016 (PDF)
Evaluations and reports
- Audit report of the National Audit Office on the National Audit Office’s site
Examine the corresponding documents of other central government agencies in Netra.
Statistics Finland produces approximately 160 sets of statistics. An annual statistical programme listing all next year’s statistical releases and their release dates is published as a release calendar towards the end of each year.
- Release calendar of statistics
- Statistics Finland's annual programme 2018 – statistics, products and services (PDF, 50 pp.)
Statistics Finland has several ongoing development projects and programmes to maintain and develop the quality of statistics, the cost-effectiveness of activities and processes, as well as to coordinate development projects. In addition, Statistics Finland engages in systematic quality work.