Ready-formed data files for research provide a diversified information basis for studying the characteristics and development of business activities in Finland. Available are the following data and their combinations.
Enterprise level data
- Enterprise level statistical files of the Business Register: Basic information on activity, such as turnover and personnel
- Group Register data
- Financial statement data panel: Enterprises' profit and loss account and balance sheet data as well as key figures of financial statements
- R&D panel: Enterprises' research and development
- Innovation data: Enterprises' innovation activity
- ICT panels: Use of ICT and the Internet in enterprises
- Patent data: Enterprises' patents
- Business Aid Database: Business subsidies
Establishment level data
- Establishment level statistical files of the Business Register: Basic information on activity, such as turnover and personnel
- Establishment panel of manufacturing statistics: Information on manufacturing production
- Establishment based employee and job flow data: Establishment level data on inflows and outflows of personnel by source and target
- Establishment/enterprise based data on personnel and wages and salaries: Data on e.g. wages and salaries, work experience, education and age of personnel
- Inquiry on fixed assets and technology in manufacturing: Replacement value and service life of establishments' fixed assets and use of IT in production
- Commodity statistics: Data on value and volume of products and raw materials by establishment
Individual level data
- Combined employer-employee data, or so-called FLEED (Finnish Longitudinal Employer–Employee Data): Contains background information on population of working age, which can be combined with enterprise and establishment level data.
- Data on structure of earnings: Detailed data on employees' earnings and their formation as well as background information on the employer.
Additionally, the available material includes certain industry-specific data files on e.g. producer prices, as well as the OECD's STAN database, and conversion keys for economic activity categories and municipal mergers. Other data of Statistics Finland on business enterprises that may also interest you:
- Enterprise level data
- Data on business trends
Register data related to individual persons and housing provide extensive scope for the forming of a variety of tailored data files for research. The files can be formed from data on the following topics:
- Population (statistics on e.g. families, dwellings and housing conditions, buildings and free-time residences and employment)
- Income and consumption (taxable income, income distribution statistics)
- Wages, salaries and labour costs
The following most essential interview data describing the population and living conditions have been made into service data files, which Statistics Finland offers for research use:
- Adult Education Survey
- Time Use Survey
- Households' Consumption
- Households' Assets
- Border Interview Survey
- Use of Information and Communications Technology
- Income Distribution Statistics
- Quality of Work Life Survey
- Labour Force Survey
- Leisure Survey
Further information about these service data files is available on our website from the pages dedicated to each of these surveys.
All inquiries regarding the data: email@example.com.