Education refers here to education leading to a qualification or degree.
Education leading to a qualification or degree (qualification or degree-oriented education) refers to education leading to the completion of the full syllabus of comprehensive school (school-leaving certificate), completion of the full syllabus of upper secondary general school (matriculation examination certificate), International Baccalaureate certificate, Reifeprüfung certificate, European Baccalaureate certificate, Gymnasieexamen certificate, initial vocational qualification, basic vocational qualification, specialist vocational qualification, university of applied sciences degree, higher university of applied sciences degree or university degree.
Education leading to a qualification or degree is classified by the classification of education.
Statistics using the definition
- University of applied sciences education
- Vocational education
- Subject choices of students
- Special education
- Entrance to education
- Providers of education and educational institutions
- Discontinuation of education
- Upper secondary general school education
- Students and qualifications of educational institutions
- Progress of studies
- Employment of students
- Pre-primary and comprehensive school education
- Transition from school to further education and work
- Preliminary population statistics
- University education
Validity of the definition
- Valid until (31 December 2078)