Volume of goods transported by lorries increased in the second quarter of 2023release | Goods transport by road 2023, 2nd quarter
According to Statistics Finland, a total of 65 million tonnes of goods were transported by lorries in domestic road transport in the second quarter of 2023. Compared to the previous year, the volume of transported goods increased by 21 per cent. The transport performance increased by 3 per cent and was 7.5 billion tonne-kilometers.
- The volume of goods transported in domestic road transport was 65 million tonnes in the second quarter of 2023. The volume increased by 21 per cent from the previous year.
- The volume of road transport increased by 3 per cent from the second quarter of 2022.
- The share of transported soil materials made up 35 per cent of the volume of goods transported in road transport and seven percent of the transport performance.
- Ninety-four per cent of the transport volume was transported in professional transport and six per cent in private transport.
Pick the data you need into tables, view the data as graphs, or download the data for your use.
- Transport of soil material
- Type of vehicle use
- Type of lorry